Pediatric Forms & Policies
You can save time during your visit by reviewing this list and bringing in the form already filled out. Below is a list of patient forms for Pediatrics By The Sea & Dr. Kuhns available for download. Adobe Reader is required & available for free download.
- New Patient Registration – Newborn
- New Patient Registration – Pediatric
- New Patient Registration – Adult
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information to Pediatrics by The Sea
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information from Pediatrics by The Sea
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information to Pediatrics by The Sea (Adult)
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information from Pediatrics by The Sea (Adult)
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information to School or Daycare
- New Patient Registration – Dr. Karen Kuhns
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information to Dr. Kuhns
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information from Dr. Kuhns
- Health History for Dr. Kuhns
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Our Brochure
Making Appointments at Pediatrics By The Sea
Call us to make appointments for school physicals, general checkups or to address concerns about your child!
If you find it necessary to change an appointment, simply call us as soon as possible and we will reschedule it. Calling at least 24 hrs in advance is extremely appreciated. Also, if you think you will be late for an appointment, call so that we can make proper arrangements for your child’s care.
Sick and emergency visits will be seen the same day.
During office hours: When you call the office during office hours, you will have the following options available to you: hearing the office hours, hearing the office fax number, and hearing directions to the office. During office hours, to be connected to the office or doctor, simply press 0. There is also a prompt to hear the greeting in Spanish, and when you do that the numbers to hear the office hours, fax number, and directions will change. But again, during office hours, to reach the office staff or the doctor, simply press 0.
After office hours: If you need to reach the doctor after office hours, simply call the office. You will be directed to press 9 on your phone if you have an emergency and need to reach the doctors. Your phone call will then be forwarded directly to the doctor’s cell phone.
When you call us, you will speak with our staff who have been trained to be able to respond to your concerns while the doctor is with patients. If you would like to speak directly with the nurse or doctor, just let the staff know.
When making a phone call, it is helpful if you:
- Give the child’s name and age
- State the problem and give any information that might be useful to the doctor (temperature, fluids given)
- Have a pen and paper ready for instructions
- Your pharmacy’s phone number should also be handy
Emergency Room Visits
Before taking your child to the emergency room for non-life threatening emergencies, please call the office to speak to the doctors so they can notify the ER physician. Some managed health care programs could require prior approval from the patient’s primary care physicians before payment for the emergency room visit is made. Please familiarize yourself with your particular insurance company’s policies and procedures. As participants in the various managed care programs, we must also abide by their requirements.